Volunteer With Us
- Do you like detective work?
- Are you curious about local history?
- Do you enjoy research and writing?
- Do you have IT knowledge or typing skills?
- Do you have knowledge or interest in clothing and costume?
- Do you have local knowledge?
- Do you enjoy working as part of a team?
If your answer is 'yes' to any of the above questions, the Brighton Historical Society would welcome you as a volunteer!
Our team of volunteers undertakes a wide variety of tasks, including
- Historical research
- Digitising photographs
- Answering queries on anything from heritage issues to family histories
- Keeping street and house files up to date with current information
- Writing and editing articles for the BHS Journal
- Recording and typing up oral histories
- Setting up and assisting in manning exhibitions, events, walks, talks and displays
- Welcoming and supervising school group activities
- Actively promoting the Brighton Historical Society
To join the team, please visit our rooms on a Thursday between 12 noon and 5 pm, phone the Society on 9553 8650, or drop us a message online.